A boy, a girl, a dog, and an Element

Saturday, July 01, 2006

The road less travelled...what lies ahead?????

Every road trip must have a mishap somewhere along the way. I like to think since I had mine before I got on the road I got it out of the way early....This morning I was ahead of schedule and on my way to swim to Rhode Island and back, when my mishap occurred. I had the cargo box and bike rack installed on the top of the car yesterday and was not quite used to them. Well...out of habit I pulled into the garage and heard a horrible ripping noise!!! Oh SH....the box!!! I almost tin canned the rood of my car, the box came sliding down the front and the frame of the garage moved slightly. But, after assessing the damage and getting help from a friend I had the pieces reinstalled ($150 later) and now I am fully packed.

Jay and I are sitting in a hotel room in Missoula, MT on night #1. Jay experienced his first Montana Truck stop and he loved it. I had to stop him from taking pictures of everything! We are having friendship flashbacks as we listen to Jay's grad school and undergrad IPOD mixes. I am very glad he is with me today. I was slightly sad as I left Coeur d' Alene, but very excited about what is in front of me. Tomorrow will be another adventure....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This evening I had a brief education session with Brenda on the differences between a Motel and a Hotel. The Red Lion Inn, next to Safeway, in "downtown" Missoula, MT had doors that open to the outside vs. a lovley carpeted hallway. There is no in-room dining, and the parking lot contains a pool. That my friend Brenda, is a Motel. I think we are going to steal the towels.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at this rate.... cda to missoula... you could train for ironman and get there quicker than you are driving.... 4 hours on the road a day is not a road trip... but a road crawl......

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

feed us !!!

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home